Re: Multi-person transit LBCs

To: british-cars@hoosier.cs.utah.edu
Subject: Re: Multi-person transit LBCs
From: Garry Archer <archer@hsi.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 1992 09:15:29 -0400
paulg@cme.nist.gov (Paul Gilders) writes:
> Scott writes:
>
>       was driving?(!)  :-)  Actually I had 3 passengers and a driver in my
>       TR6 once, but that is another story.  So what's the record folks?
>       Anyone have 10 people in a sprite?
>
> Actually I distinctly remember there being a competition at one of the
> MG Owner's Club (UK) national events where teams tried to get the
> maximum number of people in a Midget and drive about 100 yards. I can't
> remember the actual number in the Midget, but I'm pretty certain that
> it exceeded 10 people. You should have seen those springs!!

Isn't there some record in the Guiness Book of Records about the number
of people squished into a Mini?   I don't have a GBofR, can anyone check?

In the real world :-)  I was one of _eight_ squished into a friend's
Morris 1100 once, back in England during my Grammar (High) School days!
We had to drive several miles too.  It was _not_ comfortable!  It was
a fun experience though, and one we won't forget!  Talk about getting
close to one's friends!

Garry Archer Esq.       archer@hsi.com
3M Health Information Systems,  Wallingford, Connecticut, U.S.A.

"An Englishman never enjoys himself, except for a noble purpose." - A.P.Herbert