Shipping

To: british-cars@hoosier.cs.utah.edu
Subject: Shipping
From: gerry@probe.att.com
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 92 13:30 EDT
> Does anybody out there have any information on companies or prices for
> shipment of an MGB to Europe (Ireland) next January ?

About 2 years ago I looked into shipping a car from US -> Europe and
found the cost to be between $500 and $800 depending on where you
want to take it.

I found the port of exit/entry to be the most important factor.
I.E. you want to ship from/to a place which has a lot of traffic
such as Newark -> Southampton (UK) or Florida (Miami ?) to Southampton.

I think Liverpool (UK) is also a heavy route which just across the water
from Ireland (there are regular ferries from here to Eire).

I found most of the shipping companies by looking in the back of Classic Cars,
although when I had my car shipped I used ACL (Allied Container Lines ???).
They seemed to be the biggest shipper and I cut out the middle man.

Gerry