Fast [LB]BCs For Sale

To: british-cars@hoosier.cs.utah.edu
Subject: Fast [LB]BCs For Sale
From: Garry Archer <archer@hsi.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1992 15:08:14 -0400
Hello dear friends!

Regarding the recent thread of fast British Cars, I'm prompted to
type the following in after going through a local Bargain News the
other night.  I'm not going to type in every British Car for sale,
(there's too many!) but only the odd one here or their that I perceive
as interesting and pertinent to the thread.  Its up to you to call
the telephone numbers provided if you're seriously interested.  At
the very least its a worthy checkpoint to see how much these cars
are going for these days.  Enjoy!  Entries typed in verbatim.

These are Connecticut cars (area code 203) except where stated:

        63 Austin Healey 3000 Mk II, BJ7, good driver, $9500, 426-6282.

        62 Jaguar Mk II 3.8L auto [DAMN!!!], solid car, easy restoration
        to grade III, $3000.  792-2532, Wayne.

        53 Jaguar MK Touring Sedan for restoration, completely original,
        not running, wooden dash, sunroof, fender skirts, dual tanks,
        $2000 or best offer.  389-6328 or 735-5033.

        59 Jaguar Mark 9, 4 dr sedan.  Chevy drive train w/427 big block
        motor, maroon & white, restored and registered, $6000.  272-4719.
        [ I have seen this car -- very pretty -- I e-mailed to this list
          about it, several months ago.  Copy provided on request. ]

        64 Jaguar 3.8 S Type, for restoration, runs/drives, no rusts or
        dents, needs paint, headliner, back door panels, car complete,
        all working cond, new wood, $1500.  212-519-7987 (New York)
        eves & wknds.

        83 Lotus Espirit Turbo, black ext, black int, 10,000 orig miles,
        $22,000 838-8650 aft 6pm.

        72 Lotus Elan +2S, 4 Speed, Red with Black Interior. Rare Find!
        Limited Production, Fantastic Handling with Exotic Looks & Appeal,
        Unusually Good Condition.  Alford Motorcars, 236 Pleasant Street,
        Northampton, Mass., 413-584-6768 or 1-800-553-5805.

        81 Triumph TR8 convertible, silver, alloy wheels, 43,000 miles,
        very good condition, $6800, 255-5629.

        71 Triumph Stag convertible, orig V-8 engine & automatic transmission,
        69,000 orig miles, chrome wire wheels, roll bar, p/windows, exc
        cond in & out, $5500 or best over.  222-1720.

Garry Archer Esq.       archer@hsi.com
3M Health Information Systems,  Wallingford, Connecticut, U.S.A.

"An Englishman never enjoys himself, except for a noble purpose." - A.P.Herbert