stripping the rust from a frame.

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: stripping the rust from a frame.
From: William Hartwell Woodruff <woodruff@engin.umich.edu>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 92 12:01:28 -0400
        I can't remember who was doing this, but...  what was the final result
on
taking your frame to the stripping place and having it de-rusted?  How did you
repaint the frame when done?  Did you have any success finding a place to
galvanize
it?  Would it be possible to dip the main structure of my Healey and get it
electrostatically painted, powder coated, or galvanized when done?  I've heard
that
while the stripping places do a very good job cleaning the frame, it is next to
impossible to get all the cleaning agent out of the seams.  Consequently, it is
very
difficult to rustproof the finished product.  Please E-mail me direct and
thanks in
advance.  I'll try to compile this info for future reference.

Woodruff@caen.engin.umich.edu