re: Jensen Interceptor

To: british-cars@hoosier.cs.utah.edu (SOL list)
Subject: re: Jensen Interceptor
From: tj@alpine.b17a.ingr.com (T.J. Higgins)
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 92 12:25:16 CDT
> OK, so we've got TR8s, big Healeys, Tigers, TVR V8s, and MGCs.
>
> No one's mentioned the obvious answer for the recovering Detroitaholic
> (especially an ex-Charger owner):  the Jensen Interceptor.  440 Mopar
> in a Large British (Touring) Car.
>
> Cheaper than that would be an MGB V8 conversion, if you like 3.5L V8s
> but aren't into TR7/8s.

Actually, these are still being made new at the factory.  There was an
article in a recent "British Car" magazine.  If memory serves, the
Rover V8 is used now instead of the Chrysler, both FHC and roadster
versions are offered, and the price is in the neighbourhood of
$400,000.

Another glaring omission in the list of 4-cylinder head-snappers is
the MGA Twin-Cam.
--
T.J. Higgins | tj@alpine.b17a.ingr.com | Intergraph Mapping | Huntsville, AL
"Time is a gypsy caravan, steals away in the night