rain-x

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: rain-x
From: John D. Boggs <jboggs@umaxc.weeg.uiowa.edu>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 92 08:24:02 -0500
I used Rain-X on my Golf when I lived in San Francisco, and the first
time I drove in what passed for rain the years I lived there I was
pleasantly surprised.  Alas, after this first good experience, whenever
it drizzled or fogged (what they call rain there) I would get that white
film someone mentioned before -- making my vision much *worse* than without
the Rain-X.  I admit it is possible I applied it incorrectly.

At any rate, when I had to replace my windshield I didn't reapply it.

John D. Boggs     john-boggs@uiowa.edu