Re: test (fwd)grease cap

To: Karivelithara Korah Kuru <kl18@sol.acs.unt.edu>,
Subject: Re: test (fwd)grease cap
From: sggy@crux2.cit.cornell.edu (Roger Garnett)
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 1992 21:35:12 -0400
Karivelithara Korah Kuru scribed:
 Subject: test (fwd)grease cap

>     Could someone please tell me how to remove the grease cap on my MGB.
>  The cap is within the hub assembly(I've got wire wheels) and has a threaded
>  end on  it.

It's pretty easy to make a tool for such jobs. Just get a bolt or nut of the
proper size and thread pitch, and either screw on a longer shaft, or better
yet, just tack weld on  a shaft/handle to pull off with. (a *very cheap*
job to pay someone for, if you can't weld/braze/solder them together
yo9urself.)

   ________
  /___  _  \        Roger Garnett              (Roger_Garnett@cornell.edu)
 /|   ||  \ \       Agricultural Economics   | "The South Lansing Centre
| |___||  _  |      3 Warren Hall            |  For Wayward Sports Cars"
| | \  |   | |      Cornell University       | (Lansing, NY)
 \|  \ |__/ /       Ithaca, N.Y. 14853-7801  | (607) 533-7735
  \________/        (607) 255-2522           | Safety Fast!