Wheels of Fortune

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Wheels of Fortune
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 92 16:41:46 pdt
Finally, British Wire Wheel came through.  Called O'Connor Classics just
before lunch and, "yes, they came in this morning.  I think you'll like
them."  So off a couple of minutes early for lunch to pick up the wheels
and to run another errand in the same area.  Yes, I did like them,
indeed.  The 215/60 R1 Comp T/A's looked just right on the rims.  I was
very apprehensive about how much all this was going to cost.  I've
already paid for the tires so that shock was out of the way but last
night I was mentally toting things up in my head:  $9 each for five
tubes; $10 X 5 for demounting/mounting and balancing; $15 each for the
special "show finish" paint.  It was really starting to add up and that
didn't even include the rebuild.  But it was better than expected.  No,
not cheap by any means, but no extra new spokes were required or any
special work.  About what I was hoping for.

After one more stop, I crawled through the noon time traffic back home
and slapped the wheels on the car for temp storage.  I'll pull them
tonight so that I can grease the splines.  They looked good on the car.

Back to work and a quick call to the insurance company to cancel the
insurance on the bug after this weekend and to get liability on the
snake.  "What kind of car is that?  What's a Cobra?.  Can't run it
through the computer.  Have to do a hand quote.  How much is it worth
approximately.  Wow, that much.  Need to take pictures, et cetera."

So tonight's the night and it's almost quitting time!

Roland Dudley
cobra@hpcdcsn.cdc.hp.com
CSX2282