Palo Alto

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Palo Alto
From: hill@eecs.ucdavis.edu (Rich Hill)
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 92 15:54:10 -0700
Getting there:  Left from Sacramento at about 8:30 Sat with 2 MGBs, an
MGA, and my Midget.  Met 3 more MGBs and a TR6 in Tracy (this has got to be the
longest possible way to get from Davis to Palo Alto!).  So now we have
8 cars total (5 MGBs, 1 MGA, 1 Midget, 1 TR6 - all from Sac Valley MG Car Club)
which makes for quite a sight travelling over Altamont Pass.  Not quite like
driving the Santa Cruz maountains, but we did get quite a few waves and
honks from freindly passer-bys.  Surprisingly, we made it without incident.

Sunday: Endured the madatory cooling system test for about 1/2 hour.  Midget
started to heat up but we held out OK.  About every third car looked like
it was getting pushed in!

Highlights: the aforementioned, slightly overpowered Morris Minor - that guy
must have access to a machine shop and far too much spare time/money!

and:

MGBs from our club took 1st in chrome bumper, rubber bumper, and GT classes!!
(we didn't have any modified!).  Not to bad a day.

Additionally:  The Midget w/ its new carb is now getting around 30 mpg as
opposed to the 20-25 mpg it got running rich (it was REALLY rich)!  A nice
plus to top of the weekend.

-Rich Hill