Re: Understeer/Tire Inflation

To: spidell@hpcc01.corp.hp.com
Subject: Re: Understeer/Tire Inflation
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 92 08:37:20 pdt
> From: Bob Spidell <spidell@hpcc01.corp.hp.com>
> Subject: Understeer/Tire Inflation
> To: british-cars@autox.team.net (british-cars@autox.team.net)
> Date: Tue, 15 Sep 92 5:46:45 PDT
> Mailer: Elm [revision: 66.25]
>

> I would like to know if I could offset the understeer tendency by
> changing the air pressure in the front and/or rear tires.  I am running
> Bridgestone SF-375s (185 X 15) on 6 inch wide 72-spoke wires.  I usually

Bob,

Are you sure about the the rim size.  I had a '61 Healey 3000 and I
don't recall the rims being that wide.  My snake has 6 X 15 rims and
they're definitely bigger than the ones that were on the Healey.  If
your rims are 6", you could mount wider tires assuming you have the
clearance.  As for understeer, try applying a bit more throttle.  Just
be careful until you get the hang of it.

Roland