Car dies

To: tom@ismdqa.intel.com
Subject: Car dies
From: dbraun@cadev6.intel.com (Doug Braun ~)
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 1992 10:00:21 -0700

My '72 would accasionally have a problem where the engine would
start cutting out at highway speeds, and when I pulled over,
and waited a minute, it would then be OK.  The problem turned
out to be bits of crud blocking the input to the Z-S carb.
Just inside the brass nipple where the fuel line goes, there is
a fairly small restriction.  Thus a bit of crud can go up
the line and get caught here.  My cure was to disconnect the fuel
line and blast out the crud with Gumout, shoving the little red plastic tube
up the fuel intake nipple.

Since on my car, the fuel filter is in the trunk, perhaps installing a
second filter just before the carb would be the best solution.

 Doug Braun                         Intel Design Technology
                                    408 765-4279

 dbraun@scdt.intel.com

 or maybe:

  / decwrl \
  | hplabs |
 -| oliveb |- !intelca!mipos3!cadev6!dbraun
  | amd    |
  \ qantel /