Need XJ-220 Information

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Need XJ-220 Information
From: larry@ichips.intel.com
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 1992 15:25:51 -0700

Hello!

I just joined this list. Does anyone want to discuss XJ-220?

I love this car (I like other sport Jags as well) and I can't get
enough of it. Also I'm half way around the world from where they're
building them. Trying to evoke pity here :)  . Guess I'll have to settle
for magazine articles, posters, and models of it. I have seen some of the
recent articles on XJ-220 construction. I've also seen the neat 2 page,
full color, XJ-220 spread in the Castrol Formula RS add, in the 7/92 issue
of CAR (pgs 66-67).

Does anyone know if Castrol has a poster available of this add? Any other
good adds?

Does anyone know when the road tests will start appearing? Also does anyone
know if there are any videos available of this car yet. From what I have
read, the first car should have already been delivered. I hear it was blue.
I've also heard that sadly, construction will be finished at the end of 93,
after the 350th vehicle.

The current issue of a magazine called 'British Car' (if I recall correctly),
has the best XJ-220 construction article in terms of photographs, that
I've seen. Most of the photos were B+W as one would expect. They had the
only photos that I've seen so far of the engine. Also they had some
additional photos of different locations in the assembly plant.

Does anyone know of any books being prepared about this car?

Sorry for all the questions!

Larry Smith

larry@ichips.intel.com