Re: more snake stuff

To: Roland Dudley <uunet!cdc.hp.com!cobra@uunet.UU.NET>
Subject: Re: more snake stuff
From: martine@informix.com
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 92 11:18:03 PDT
LBC traffic too light?  Well, sounds like a good opportunity to
ask a few simple questions.

My GT6+ came with a bent and slightly torn front bumper (bumper
fits, but looks kinda shabby).  Since the bumper rides above (and
kinda over) the turn signals, I've been thinking about running
without it.

Can the bumper over riders (I've got the type with rubber on the
tips) be considered a bumper?  If not, has anybody tried to
lower the bumper of the mk 2 to the level of the mk 1?  I've
looked at the bonnet hinge and it doesn't seem too complicated
but I'd like to know the pitfalls first.

As a side note; I'll be taking the car to a friend of mine who
does body work to get some rust cut out and replaced in the floors
and replace the right side rocker panel.  With any luck, I'll
be driving (what a concept!) the car in a few months after I get
the interior figured out.  I'm trying to decide what to do about
the back deck area.  I'd kinda like to be able to use the area
behind the seats as a storage area.

Another quickie; why are there so few gt6's?  Are they the
scourge of the triumph line, or what?  I think the car has great
lines.

Later,
   Martine  (martine@informix.com, or martine@cs.pdx.edu)