penetrating oil, diesel fuel, or something better?

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: penetrating oil, diesel fuel, or something better?
From: dixon@fourfold.ocunix.on.ca (dixon kenner)
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 1992 22:58:52 -0400
In my current problem with four stuck pistons I have had diesel
fuel suggested as an additive to the exposed bores.  As penetrating
oil doesn't seem to be working, why would diesel fuel be any better?

Why not tossing something like naval jelly (phosphoric acid) down in
there?  Wouldn't hurt unless it would actually eat into the sides of
the bores.

BTW, Hammering with pine just doesn't cut it.  It tends to shatter
under repeated blows as well as absorbing the shock.  Tomorrow I am
moving to something a little more substatial... Oak.

Thx,

Dixon

--
dixon kenner, dixon@fourfold.ocunix.on.ca
FourFold Symmetry, Breckenridge, Quebec, Canada