Re: English Ford Club

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: English Ford Club
From: DJP@ALPHA.SUNQUEST.COM
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 1992 10:40:46 -0700 (MST)
> An English Ford Owner's Club has been formed "for anyone who has ever spent
> half an hour trying to explain to a parts guy that Ford did indeed make such
> a car."

Ouch!  That is a painfully familiar scenario.  To experience it
yourself, you simply have to try owning and driving a'69 Cortina
GT in Tucson, Arizona.  I did, for several years.  A sense of
humor is mandatory.

Anyway.  For the unofficial British <-> Mercun dictionary:

  Wanker  (n) One who purchases a british roadster for the style
              it imparts to the owner but has no interest in taking
              proper care of it.

May we observe a moment of silence please for the britcars that
have died and become parts cars at the hands of wankers.

Dan Parslow
parslow@sunquest.com

P.S. Any use of the word "Wanker" to describe a self-proclaimed
british-car lover who presently has nothing but a late-model
Spitfire or MGB because it's relatively easy to own is likely
to be resented.  By me, at least. :-)  "Uh, I just haven't found
that perfect '37 SS Jaguar project car yet. ...yeah, that it."