Otter Switch

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Otter Switch
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 92 16:20:23 pdt
In my "snake in the grass" posting I mentioned that the thermal switch
for the electric radiator fan is non functional.  In fact, it's been
that way for several years.  Anyway, as long as I'm going to have the
radiator rebuilt I might just as well replace this switch.  The
restoration guide I have generally lists other cars that shared common
parts used on Cobras.  Unfortunately the guide doesn't have much to say
about the thermal switch.  Surely it was used on other Brit cars of the
era.  The one on my snake has the name Otter and V60 inscribed on it.
It's molded in (red?)  plastic and is attached by three screws to an
aluminum elbow about 2 1/2" in diameter.  I'm not sure if just the
switch can be replaced or if the whole assembly (including the elbow)
must be replaced.  Anyone know where I can get one of these switches?

Many thanks to all of you who responded to my spongy brakes, leaky
steering rack, wire wheel and dried seat leather questions.  BTW, I
bought some Lexol cleaner and a jar of Connolly Hide Food.  I haven't
used either yet but will soon.  Well, I will just as soon as I shampoo the
family room carpet, transplant the shrubs, move all those storage boxes
into the attic, clean out the garage, finish up the work I started on
the other cars...

Roland Dudley
cobra@hpcdcsn.cdc.hp.com
CSX2282