Re: 1500 midget ride height

To: pwcs.StPaul.GOV!phile@medtron.medtronic.com (Philip J Ethier)
Subject: Re: 1500 midget ride height
From: Scott Fisher <sfisher@wsl.dec.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 92 16:46:20 PDT
    Dean_Zywicki@NIHDCRT.BITNET writes >

    >I noticed that the drivers side of the
    >car is about 1" lower than the passengers side of the car.

    >My guess is that
    >with one old (1976) coil on the drivers side and a new (~'84) coil on
    >the passengers side, the tired coil is showing it's age.

    How do you know the problem is in front?  It was in back on my Midget.

It was *both* on mine.  I did the cheap thing, which was to swap coils
when I rebuilt the front end.  I also installed a 3/4" anti-roll bar
up front as the final act of the suspension rebuild process, and I used
the swapped springs to replace a set of autocross (lower, stiffer) springs
that were no longer applicable (mainly they made the car so low that I
couldn't get in and out of the driveway at work).

In my case, there was no question which had been the driver's spring --
its free height was over an inch lower than the other one's.  And when
I had been running the new springs, which were the same height out of
the car, the driver's side was still lower than the passenger's side,
so there was some rear spring sag as well.