Re: Funny story-WARNING- NO LBC Content !

To: "Daren Stone, D2 IE, 5-9521, bpr:237-2322, RN2-C6" <DSTONE@SC9.intel.com>,
Subject: Re: Funny story-WARNING- NO LBC Content !
From: lupienj@hpwarq.wal.hp.com (John Lupien)
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 92 11:52:08 EDT
>      about 1" out of the tranny. With the boot off the
>      shifter was offered up (!), and a pair of vise grips
>      clamped onto the remaining stub got me home. And to
>      work the next day.

The beloved vise grip fix - many such occasions have graced my
automotive adventures. Once while driving a borrowed Opel 1900,
the carb was acting funny, and I discovered that the ad-hoc throttle
linkage (that's right, a very rusted pair of Vise Grips) had slipped a
bit. After a quick adjustment (and tightening of the carburetor body
screws, which had gotten rather loose) I was on my way again...

British car wise, the Midget I drove for a day or two had but the
smallest percentage of clutch release, due to a bent actuator arm.
The vise grips were part of the unbending process...

--
---
John R. Lupien