RHD Landies

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: RHD Landies
From: gerry@probe.att.com
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 92 09:14 EDT
> Your Land Rover is probably a British-spec one.  Maybe that model was not made
> for European (that is to say, Continental) sale, and the Swede who wanted one
> just ordered it over from England.  Maybe they can still do that sort of thing
> there, you sure have major problems doing that here in the USA since 1968.

> How the heck did it get to the USA, anyway?

It's not that hard, IF you know the right rules !!!!. All you need is a friend
who is NOT a resident of the US, but is here on a H1 or H2 visa. You see, when
you apply for work in the States you get a visa for 1 year (renewable for up
to 5 years). When you come to the States, on a visa you can bring any personnel
possesion that you want, which includes a car. If the car is still here after
1 year, then you have to register it - this is when the REAL FUN starts, but it
is possible, again if you know the right rules and have filled in the right
pieces of paper. That is how I got my Scimitar in the country, and why 8 years
later I still have it.

Gerry