My new Land Rover

To: british-cars@autox.team.net (british-cars@autox.team.net)
Subject: My new Land Rover
From: britcars@hpfckjs.fc.hp.com
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 92 13:44:44 MDT
Well I broke down today and bought the Land rover I mentioned several months
back.  I had hoped the price might come down if someone else didn't snarf it
up, it didn't.  It is a 1978 model 88 with a PI diesel engine.  I am told
that no Land Rovers were made for import into the U.S. in 1978, this
particular one was sold in Sweden so it is a right hand drive (should get
some stares from unsuspecting observers.)  Now that I am the proud owner of a
Land Rover I need basic help.  Any info on parts would be a good place to
start.  I am going to have to do some work on the brakes (one is frozen), and
a ring job.  I think there is a mail group for Land Rovers also.  Any words
of wisdom on the PI diesel would be greatly appriciated.  I need to set a
value on it for insurance but it is not listed in any of the price guides I
have access to.  The odometer reads 40K miles (probably kilometers,) I
suspect it is accually 140K.  And finnaly I think I got a bargain on this
one, just 1200 hard earned U.S. dollars.
--

Kevin Spooner
The Sports Works of Greeley

britcars@hpfckjs.fc.hp.com