Brake caliper stuck? and tonneau

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Brake caliper stuck? and tonneau
From: william sadler <wsadler@copper.ucs.indiana.edu>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 1992 10:29:37 -0500
I drove my car today for the first time since I got the
distributor put back together.  Wow what a difference!  This
beast can really accellerate! :-)

Only one problem, I now get a clunking sound from the right
front wheel, but only when I brake.  It sounds like something
on the tire hitting something on the brake.  I looked at the
brake caliper and sure enough the back edge of it has been
scraped by the spokes coming around.  My theory is that when
I brake the caliper actually moves outward a bit, just enough to cause
it to come in contact with the spokes of the wheel.

The splines on this particular hib are very sharp.  Looks like they'll
have to be replaced, maybe soon :-(  Could the wear on the hub cause
the wheel to sit closer to the brake caliper than it normally
should?  Hopefully, it's just a spoke that got bent backwards
the wrong way, but I couldn't see anything that looked abnormal.

I also discovered that my tonneau has places in it for headrests
even though my seats don't have headrests.  Since there is some
question about whether the car is a '68 (no headrests) or a '69
(headrests) this leads me to believe that the PO either a) changed
out the seats or b) gave me the wrong tonneau.  I hope it was the
wrong tonneau.

Anyone want to trade a tonneau without headrests for one with?
Thanks,

Will
c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c
c  _    _   ___    ___           Ceeasaurus!                      c
c | \  / | /   \  /   \  Will    | wsadler@copper.ucs.indiana.edu c
c |  \/  ||   __ |       Sadler  | or will@cica.indiana.edu       c
c |      | \___/  \___/       Bloomington, Indiana                c
c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c