Black manifold paint

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Black manifold paint
From: kiviat@oasys.dt.navy.mil (Brian Kiviat)
Date: 1 Jul 92 15:57 EDT
From Jerry_Kaidor.ENGINTWO@engtwomac.synoptics.com Wed Jul  1 15:44:09 1992

**** I've seen advertisements in Hemmings ( Bill Hirsch, I think ) for a glossy
black manifold dressing.  But they say "Not for European cars".  Anybody know
why?

The glossy black paint would hide the locations of the oil leaks!

-Brian

P.S.- I met up with Clay Robinson at British car day in Bowie last weekend.
He and I had mutual friends. He was sitting under the umbrella at the
Sunbeam section and I was talking to him. When he stood up to leave
he picked up his hat which had the SOL logo on it! He had been there
for a while before we knew we were brothers of the keyboard.