The relationship of cam duration and compression readings

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: The relationship of cam duration and compression readings
From: Dennis Wilson <DWILSON@OREGON.UOREGON.EDU>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 1992 11:27 PDT
I've got the following:  A 290 degree duration cam and compression readings
of 110 +/- 5 on all four.  Engine has just had new rings.

Has anyone else had experience measuring compression with long duration cams?
I know the reading will be lower than with a stock cam (about 255 or so on the
1300 Spit engine) but is 110 too low.

As soon as I get the clutck unstuck I will get a leak down test.  At the
moment I am wondering if I should just tear down the moter and get it rebored
etc.  Before I do this I want to know if NEED to or if that reading is about
right for that cam.

Thanks DW