Re: $250???

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Re: $250???
From: spit@neuro.duke.edu (Michael D. Burdick)
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 91 16:23:56 EST
   > Beer of course.  Go out to a good shop which stocks lots of imported beer
and
   > buy 12 pints of Newcastle Brown ale, make a fire, sit in front of it and
drink

This sounds good.  Unfortunately, I don't think we have a store that has
Newcastle here in the sticks.  I think I could locate a 6 of Sam Smiths
though.

   > But seriously, how about a book or two (on the car of course), synthetic
oil
   > and good stainless steel mesh oil filter, oil cooler with thermostat.

I have heard that conversion to synthetic oil can cause an engine to start to
seep oil (like it doesn't already!!).  That would mean I would need to replace
the gaskets in the engine.  While I have it apart, I might as well rebuild
it.  While it's out of the car I guess I should clean up the engine
compartment.  Gee, it wouldn't be that much more work to pop off the body and
do the whole frame.  Hmmm.  Since the body's off .....

This Christmas could cost me big.