Nifty Tools for fun and profit

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Nifty Tools for fun and profit
From: mrmike@fasun0.ge.com ("Mr. Mike" Passaretti)
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 91 15:55:16 EST
I think I'll put in my 2 cents here for a gizmo called
a "Versa-Vise".  This is a vise that can be mounted (on the fly)
horizontally or vertically, and which auto-magically tightens
the rotational adjustment when the jaws are clamped on something.
You can also get a base that drops flush into your work-table
(It's basically a 2" tall post w/ a set-screw from the side).
Standard bases are either screw-down or clamp-on.  The "stop
spinning when I tighten it" feature is what I love.  They run
about as much as any good vise (About $70 for a 5" opening model)
and have the standard serrated jaw attachments and anvil and such.
I couldn't work on hydraulic stuff without mine.  It's great for
fiddly little things that you want to file on too.

                                                        - MM

--
passaretti@crd.ge.com                     {whatever}!crdgw1!brahe!passaret
mrmike@fasun0.even.ge.com       {whatever}!crdgw1!copernicus!fasun0!mrmike