RE: Engine swaps-TR6 w/ Pinto engine

To: "british-cars@hoosier.utah.edu"@HERMES.intel.com
Subject: RE: Engine swaps-TR6 w/ Pinto engine
From: gendimen@t12sys.intel.com (Geronimo x54903 page 951-3432)
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 91 08:03:02 -0800

>There's a guy in our club who has a TR6 with a Pinto engine.

     >>Why ?<<

 >    Seems this would be akin to putting a Briggs & Stratton
 >    in your Spitfire .......

 >    Now that you mention it, I've seen older Vettes w/V6s
 >    in 'em too.

 Seems odd, a pinto engine in a TR6, but the early Pinto 4 cyl. were used quite
a bit for racing and were pretty good with the right mods.  Along the same
lines but not LBC related, the infamous GM slip n' slide powerglide tranny's
were beefed up and used regularly for drag racing.  Also, the early vettes only
came with 6 cylinders, but they were a lot smaller back then.

Mike G.
gendimen@t12sys.intel.com