Re: Driver Education Events

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Re: Driver Education Events
From: lupienj@hpwarq.wal.hp.com (John Lupien)
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 91 18:44:51 EST
> Angelo writes:
> Does anyone know about Driver Education Events for Old British cars?

I did the Jaguar Club 2-day event at Lime Rock this year, it was great.
The best time I had at Lime Rock so far. (most enjoyable, not best lap...)
There was a day of practice laps, people would time you if you asked, and
a champaign & goodies reception after, then the next morning more practice,
and timed laps in the afternoon. Really nice time, fine British machines
mostly (Jags, an Aston Martin, some others) although I went in my Rx7
'cause the GT6 is not fit for the road, let alone the track. Some really
awesome race-prepared Jags, and one '61 XKE with ~3000 orig. miles - apparently
the first owner blew the tranny soon after the 3000 mark, and it sat in a
garage for 29 years until the current owner bought it, fixed the trans and
was doing some reasonable laps in it. This was something of a "get in your
car and drive" event, but there were some instructors available.

--
---
John R. Lupien