Re: B GT

To: DWILSON@oregon.uoregon.edu (Dennis Wilson)
Subject: Re: B GT
From: Paul Osborne <paul@ee.rochester.edu>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 91 8:39:37 EST

> Do you B GT guys know why the steering column should vibrate or rather shake
> in time with the bumps on the road??  Is this normal?  Should I feel all the
> bumps the road wheel does by holding the steering wheel.  Also the steering
> wheel moves about 3/4 inch up and down, I don't mean towards me I mean the
> wheel and colum move vertically up and down as if you have a tilt wheel
> as found on the new cars of today.
>
> Comments would be MUCH appreciated.
>
> Cheers DW

 Dennis, no, you should not have a tilt wheel, sounds like the upper
        bushing in the steering colum is wore out. This happens form
        hanging on to the wheel, and letting the weight of your arms
        hang on the wheel. I have never herd of a replacement part for
        this problem other than replacment of the colum.