Re: Language

To: DWILSON@OREGON.UOREGON.EDU, british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Re: Language
From: william sadler <wsadler@copper.ucs.indiana.edu>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 1991 09:14:37 -0500
This reminds me of the time someone posted on rec.aviation about how
happy he was that everyone got along so well, that there were no flame wars
and no bad language.  My estimable friend and pilot Greg Travis sent
back a reply saying, "What the F**K are you talking about?"

Ob Brit Car:

I checked my valves cold just to see if it made any difference.  The ones
that were loose were still loose and the ones that were right were still
right.  Everything seemed to be a little bit tighter than when hot, which
doesn't make sense to me given my limited knowledge of the action of heat
on metal!

A quick carburation question:

I always thought that if I opened up a vacumn hose attached to the carb that
the air would rush in and the car would run faster at idle.  In the process
of trouble shooting my mixture problem I did this and it ran slower.  If I
plugged up the hole it made the engine run faster.  I am thinking that the
mixture is lean  and that this causes the engine to run quicker when less
O2 is present because the air/fule mixture is close to being correct?  Right?

Will