Re: Running-on or diseling.

To: DWILSON@OREGON.UOREGON.EDU, british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Re: Running-on or diseling.
From: djd@aurora.arc.nasa.gov (Daniel J. Dasaro)
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 91 16:55:21 -0800
Scott tells me that "only the good ones run on" because they're
still tight, which probably means the compression is still high.
Supposedly, the '73 model had an anti run-on valve, but mine doesn't
work either (I haven't tried to repair it yet).

So the question is, what to do to prevent it?  I know of 2 options:
-As you turn the key off, let the clutch up in gear (KEEP YOUR FOOT ON
 THE BRAKE) and "stall" the engine.
-Pull the choke out as you shut the engine.  This is supposed to richen
 the mixture and stall the engine out.

Dan D. (winter thermostat goes in tonight!)