RE: Snow, ice and a salty GT6

To: "lupienj@hpwarq.hp.com"@HERMES.intel.com
Subject: RE: Snow, ice and a salty GT6
From: gendimen@t12sys.intel.com (Mike Gendimenico, SC3-32, 765-4903)
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 91 13:56:03 -0800
>No they don't! It's all yucky and WARM out there, they don't get weather at
>all! Not like us lucky New Englanders, with 2" of ice covered with 4" of
>nice fluffy snow... perfect!

>Actually, though, my GT6 is less than happy with the current conditions,
>it wants warmer weather and NO SALT on the roads...

Aaah, reminds me of my Pennsylvania days. I had an old salty Gran Prix then with
holes in the floor, trunk, quarters and frame.  It was hard to find a rotless
car more than 5 years old unless it was stored in the winter.  I also recall
putting an exhaust system on every two years.  But I moved to
sunny Calif, dumped the Pontiac (the rust strategically patched up) and bought
a '73 GT6 with a few small dents but not a spot of rot.  It's only seen cold,
snow and altitude once in Tahoe where the GT wasn't happy at all, so it's never
been back there. Don't worry too much, you only have 5 months to go before it
reaches 50 degrees again.....

Mike Gendimenico
t12sys@intel.com