Re: To all you electronics wizards

Subject: Re: To all you electronics wizards
From: rck@fangio.asd.sgi.com (Robert Keller)
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 91 15:22:54 PST
scott suggests
> Go to a good, "real" auto-parts store -- something like All-Parts out
> here in the San Jose area, not some place that sells 200 mph windshield
> wiper fins and neon-pink shifter condoms and sixty-two different brands of

I've had very good luck with Sear DieHards.  The DieHard in my BGT died
between the time I bought it in Montreal, Canada (June 1990) and this
past spring.  It wasn't surprising that it died considering that the car
was transported cross-continent and stored in at least a dozen places
between my old home and my current place.

I took the Canadian purchased DieHard to a Sears in sunny Newark
California, sans receipt, and they replaced it without a question.

I like the Sears DieHard guarrantee, and they *do* have a 12 volt that
fits into one of the B's battery bays.

...robert