re: To all you electronics wizards

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: re: To all you electronics wizards
From: georgeb@apd.MENTORG.COM (George Burgesser)
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 91 14:21:22 PST
One reason that you don't want to put batteries in parallel is the possibility
of one bad battery (i.e. one with an internal short) distroying the other
battery.  In addition, over time one battery is (almost) guarenteed to hold a
charge better than the other.  If the batteries are wired in parallel, the
weaker battery will reduce the effectiveness of the "better" battery because the
better battery will continue to attempt to charge the weaker battery even when
the ignition is turned off.

                        George B.