Safety

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Safety
From: augi@cbmvax.cbm.commodore.com (Joe Augenbraun)
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 91 11:28:19 EDT
Jim Fuerstenberg writes:

> Just to put my two cents in on jackstands.  They are perfectly safe if you
> buy decent ones.  Only buy $10 jackstands if you have a $10 body.

I second that.  I only trust four-legged ratcheting jackstands.  This isn't
because of anything special about four legs or ratcheting, but just because
every three legged and/or non-ratcheting jackstand I've ever seen has had
a very narrow stance and was made out of sheet metal.  Four legged ratcheting
jobbers seem to be made of angle iron and a really hefty steel casting.

                                                        Joe