Cheap B insurance.

To: @brit
Subject: Cheap B insurance.
From: rghoff@bb1t.monsanto.com (Home for the Holidays, its your turn to take out the trash)
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 91 14:02:42 -0600
        I thought everybody had cheap insurance for their MG's.

        To restate: I'm paying $111/6months. That's with State Farm
        in Missouri (I live in St. Louis County - not the city - right
        next door though). Full coverage, I think 250 deductable on
        everything. It's classified as a recreational car with less
        than 6K miles per year.

        I have two other cars (the daily drivers) with them too. And they
        do have a Multi-car discount. Plus I've been with them for over
        X years (I'm not sure what X equals) and that puts me in their
        Superduperextravalue deal.

        But I found that even with State Farm, it's the agent that makes
        a big diff. You just about to have to visit/call/write/etc. to find
        out all the ways you can save money. When I got married, I was
        able to knock about $75/6months on my wife's '79 TBird by just
        getting rid of the Towing/Lodging/Cabfare parts and raising
        the deductable to $500.

        They'll tell you there's not much diff between a $50 and $100
        and $500 deductable, but have them run it through and you'll
        notice a BIG diff in your premiums.

        As long as you have all the proper documentation of restoration
        work, you can have a '68 Cherry that'll be insured at '68 Roach
        rates.

        Rick Hoffman.

        P.S. Well, all this goes for me in St. Louis at least.