To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: RE>Re- MGTD wiring
From: Jerry Kaidor <Jerry_Kaidor.ENGINTWO@engtwomac.synoptics.com>
Date: 2 Dec 91 16:41:32
        Reply to:   RE>Re: MGTD wiring

From: berry@hawking.wpd.sgi.com
James Fuerstenberg writes:
 > Mark carefully what each wire comes off and mark from where it came.
 >
 > and as they say in the Haynes manuals, reassembly is the reverse of
 > the above.

Uh, this assumes that the present wiring is correct; not always the case
as I've discovered the hardway a few times.

  --berry

**** To which I might add, that the original wires are by now probably all the
same color:  black!

    The car can still be rewired, though, with the aid of an original wiring
diagram.  These show which wire goes where, complete with colors.   Just buy a
new wiring harness, sit down and label each wire with a masking tape tag, going
from the colors on the diagram.  I did this with my Moss MGA harness while
sitting in front of the TV watching a movie.  No big deal.  Then just go tear
the old harness out.  Install the new one with your tags as a guide.   Of
course, it helps if you understand simple electricity, and can use a test light
to verify it all :-)

       - Jerry