mini exhaust systems (Summary)

Subject: mini exhaust systems (Summary)
From: rck@fangio.asd.sgi.com (Robert Keller)
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 91 14:06:21 PST
Well, the net.opinion for street legal Mini performance exhaust systems
seems to be the RC-40.  David Vizard recommends this exhaust system along
with the long center branch (LCB) headers.  Our Cooper S is thankfully
already equipped with the LCB header.  According to most respondants either
Seven Enterprises, Mini City or Mini Mania should have the RC-40 in stock.

To answer a few questions:
    - The mini is a street car, no trailers here!
    - The car is in DSP (it's been lowered, has mini fins, weber, etc...)
    - I'm sure the car is competetive, it's the drivers that need work.
    - I've never seen another Cooper S in DSP at the NCSCC Autocrosses
      that I've attended.  This doesn't mean that they don't exist.

Other exhaust systems that were mentioned include:
    Falcon stainless steel system
    Janspeed or Maniflow
    Sonic Turbo
    Supertrapp
    Flowmaster

Many thanks to:
    tj@alpine.b17a.ingr.com (T.J. Higgins)
    Dave A. Hinde <dave@monitor.larc.nasa.gov>
    deeds@sed170.hac.com ( Dean Deeds)
    xgg2356@dcmdc.dla.mil (James Fuerstenberg)
    Dennis Wilson <DWILSON@OREGON.UOREGON.EDU>
    Harry Phinney <harry@hpcvxhp.cv.hp.com>
    sgi.sgi.com!uunet.UU.NET!bcstec!tahoma!gsds (K.C.Babb)

thanks!
...robert