re: Walk softly

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: re: Walk softly
From: btufts@keps.kodak.com (Bob Tufts)
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 91 16:34:41 EST
Scott P. writes:

What happened?  Well, the weight of the engine, and a 70 degree day
let the small 3 inch diameter wheels of the stand sink into the
blacktop.  So when I moved the engine, a wheel caught one of the
freshly made sink-holes and over the engine went.  The next engine

I've learned over the years that unless the temperature is cold, or I'm gonna
be quick - to put a small piece of plywood under my jack (or jackstands) to
distribute the load to the blacktop.  It's amazing what nice holes you can
make with 2000 lbs and 80 degrees in just a few seconds! Maybe we New Englanders
can adopt NHRA dragstip practice and have a cement area as part of the driveway.
In this case , not to "launch" a funny car, put to be able to jack up a car! :-)

-Bob T.