U-joint replacement on TR-6 (and 3,4,250, etc.)

To: ingr!b17c!riggs!work@uunet.UU.NET
Subject: U-joint replacement on TR-6 (and 3,4,250, etc.)
From: whs70@taichi.cc.bellcore.com (sohl,william h)
Date: 2 Dec 1991 14:28 EST
Seems like this question comes up every 4 to 5 months.
The short answer is that anyone with a minimal knowledge
of mechanics and some fundamental tools shouldn't have
a tough time replacing U-joints on a TR-6 or any other vehicle
in general.

Now, to help you along, I'd like to point out that the next
issue of The Vintage Triumph magazine will have a three
page photo essay on U-joint replacement.  So...if you'd
like to get that issue and you are not already a member of
VTR, my periodic VTR info blurb follows.  By the way, the
magazine will be mailed just after Xmas.  It has been
typeset and is being proofed now prior to the actual
press run.

            What's VTR

The Vintage Triumph Register is the only
national club of Triumph
owners and enthusiasts (Over 4300
as of our last newsletter mailing) which
covers all models of Triumphs.
VTR regularly publishes a quarterly magazine,
"The Vintage Triumph."  In acknowledgement of
the sometimes longer than quarterly publication
frequency of the magazine, membership dues
covers the period of time it takes to receive
four (4) issues of the magazine and not simply a 12 month
annual membership.  Membership in VTR also provides
free classified advertising in the newsletter, access
to VTR's vehicle consultants, a discount book
service, and various VTR regalia.

VTR also has an annual convention, hosted by one of its local
chapters each year.  In 1992 the national convention
will be in Savannah, Georgia.
Prior convention locations have been: Ft. Mitchell, Kentucky (1991),
Boulder, CO (1990); Albany, NY (1989), Dallas, TX (1988);
Atlanta, GA (1987); Pittsburg, PA (1986); Troy, Michigan;
St. Charles, IL; Indianapolis, IN, etc.

Membership dues for VTR is:
  $20 for all USA zipcode addresses
  $25 (US Dollars) for Canada and Mexico
  $30 (US Dollars) anywhere else

To join the VTR, send name, address and dues to:
   VTR - New Membership
   PO Box 36477
   Grosse Pointe, MI 48236

        Please include details about your car when sending in
        new membership info.

Standard Disclaimer- Any opinions, etc. are mine and NOT my employer's.
Bill Sohl   (K2UNK)            ||  email
Bellcore, Morristown, NJ       ||   UUCP    bcr!taichi!whs70
(Bell Communications Research) ||    or
201-829-2879 Weekdays          || Internet  whs70@taichi.cc.bellcore.com