Ceramic tape on TR6 exhaust

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Ceramic tape on TR6 exhaust
From: paisley@cme.nist.gov (Scott Paisley)
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 91 16:25:54 EDT
Dean_Zywicki%NIHDCRT.BITNET@CU.NIH.GOV writes:
 >    Richard Goerge suggested putting ceramic tape on the header and front
 > part of the exhaust of a TR6 to help the heat.  I remember going through
[...]
 > Any comments ?

It seems to me that if you don't move the heat through the pipes and
muffler(s), the exhaust will rust more quickly.  I want my tail pipes
to heat up and get all that moisture out of there.  I would think that
ceramic tape on the headers would shorten the life of the exhaust
system in general.  Has anyone with ceramic headers (on their car :-)
experiance this?

-Scott