Re: Water pumps

To: steve@europa.esd.sgi.com (Loopy - the spineless boy)
Subject: Re: Water pumps
From: schuette@roadkill.nrl.navy.mil (Larry Schuette)
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 91 15:48:44 EDT
Cc: british-cars@hoosier.utah.edu (british-cars)
>>>     steve valin             steve@sgi.com writes (about water pumps)

>>>Oh Alfa's are easy.  Try a Lotus twin-cam.  You have to remove the
>>>head and sump first.   Too bad water pumps don't last long, either!  If the
>>>engine is in a Europa, you'll have to pull it first as the water pump is
>>>buried in the bulk-head.  Luckily, pulling an engine in a Europa is very
>>>easy!

When the water pump on my Lotus Twin cam went, we cut an access panel in
the fire wall!!  It made replacing the water pump really simple.  To
repair the firewall we made a patch from 3/4" plywood with fiberglass on
bothsides.  It sure looks neat when you're done.

Larry
        "No guts, no glory.  If you're going to shoot him down,
        you have to get in there and mix it up with him."  Major Blesse

Lawrence C. Schuette                      schuette@roadkill.nrl.navy.mil
Code 5133                                 (202)767-2739
Naval Research Laboratory
Washington D.C. 20375-5000