Re: Water pumps

To: southern@neit.cgd.ucar.edu (Lawrence Buja)
Subject: Re: Water pumps
From: "Christopher A. Kent" <kent@parc.xerox.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 1991 11:15:02 PDT
        The worst part of the job (after laying out the bucks for
        the new pump) is that you might have take a couple of extra minutes to
        drain and pull the radiator (good time to flush it out and put in
        fresh antifreeze).

You've obviously never done this on an ALFA. On the GTV at least, you
*have* to pull the radiator, and then you have to remove the fan and
crank pulley, just to get at the bottom two nuts. I *hate* doing this job.

But it's easy on my Triumphs, and it's always nice to have something to
lord over the ALFA...

(*Only* $50 for a new water pump? That's cheap, son...)

chris