Re: B-C Newsgroup and BRG Miata

To: british-cars@encore.com
Subject: Re: B-C Newsgroup and BRG Miata
From: guy@bevsun.bev.lbl.gov (Aran Guy)
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 91 11:47:37 PST

 Just as a matter of curiousity, I went to look at a "BRG" Miata at
the local Mazda dealer. The coloring is more like that of the MB
280SEL convertible of around 1970 or so. More elegant than sporty.
 Now get this: the added Dealer markup was _40 PERCENT_! That's right,
$8,000 added to the MSRP. In fact, it cost about the same as the RX-7
convertible next to it. No room for negotiation; the previous two
were sold sight unseen.
 Mazda was pretty pissed at the dealer gouging going on both when the
original RX-7 and the Miata premiered. I must say that my previous
(limited) experience with BL/JRT outlets was pleasant, if not always
efficient; and my experiences with Mazda dealerships were uniformly
irritating.
 Aran Guy  guy@bevsun.bev.lbl.gov