Frozen brake adjusters

To: british-cars@encore.com
Subject: Frozen brake adjusters
From: What was the purpose of tetherball? <metzger@decwet.enet.dec.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 91 10:46:36 PST
I'm the one asking for advise on the frozen adjusters.....

There is no problem pulling the drum off. I've got both drums off right now.
I'm trying to get the adjuster free so that when I put the drums back on I can
get the brake pads to actually come in contact with the drums when I step on
the pedal :-)

Right now I've got so much free play in the rears that it takes two pedal pumps
to expand the cylinder enough to get the shoes to contact the drums. It's not
air in the system either.

Thanks for the advise from everyone. It sounds like I'm in for a lot of banging
and possibly disassembly and/or drilling.

I'm really looking forward to this....

 John Metzger