Keep the list as is

To: british-cars@encore.com
Subject: Keep the list as is
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@dtc.hp.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 91 13:29:57 pst
I agree that the b-car lists should be retained as is with or without a
british car newsgroup.  As others have pointed out, this subject has
come up more than once in the past.  Besides the obvious reasons of
clutter, irrelevant cross postings and endless flaming, a mailing list
has the advantage of being almost instantaneous.  It's really nice to
send out a question and get genuinely useful responses within hours, or
even minutes.  Also the feedback is very fast.  Here at my HP site it's
common for newsgroup postings to be 7-10 days out of date.

The mailing list is "clubby" but no truly interested party is excluded
from joining and tolerance of the volume does tend to limit the list to
the truly interested.  I vote to keep things as they are.

Roland Dudley
cobra@hpcdcsn.HP.COM
CSX2282