RE: BRG Origins

To: "@encore.encore.com:meaddata!meaddata.com!bobj@uunet.UU.NET"@HERMES.intel.com
Subject: RE: BRG Origins
From: dstone@sc9.intel.com (D. STONE 5-9521, BPR: 237-2322")
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 91 15:41:12 PST
Subj:   BRG Origins

     >>much stuff about the history of BRG deleted<<

>>Thereafter,  British racing green  became the official U.K. color in
international competition. (The race was won by Camille Jenatzy driving a Sixty
Mercedes.)"<<

     ^^This last bit got the trivia portion of my brain
     going, and something just didn't seem right. Please
     correct me if I'm wrong (I'm sure this doesn't need to
     be asked..), but didn't this Jenatzy fellow win this
     race in a Daimler-Benz, and soon afterwards this model
     line would be named after his daughter, Mercedes ?  I
     have honestly read something to this effect long ago.

                                 cheers-
                                       dstone@sc9.intel.com

Bob
bobj@meaddata.com