Re: MG turn sigs, fuel pump and trip report

To: british-cars@encore.com, hertzber@spot.colorado.edu
Subject: Re: MG turn sigs, fuel pump and trip report
From: Teriann J. Wakeman <twakeman@apple.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 91 09:31:02 -0800
Jean, On my '68 MGBGT the 4 way flasher is mounted to a bracket behind the
centre council by the hazzard switch.  The turn signal indicator is mounted
on the fire wall on the passenger side in a bracket.  The location can be
described as a little forward & above where the passenger's knees would be.

Regarding previous remarks I have made about flasher units.  I agree that the
two & three prong flasher unitscan not fail in a way that the turn signals
on one side work but the sinal lights on the other side do not.  I was
refering to some of the more complicated varity occasionally found in newer
cars.  These can be recognized as having 6 or more prongs.  I have found
one such unit that failed on one side {it had prongs for each of the four
turn signal lamp locations {the rear, if I remember had multiple lamps}}.

TeriAnn