Bonnets, Bump Stops, Blinkers, & Bum Pumps

To: british-cars@encore.com
Subject: Bonnets, Bump Stops, Blinkers, & Bum Pumps
From: garnett@theory.TN.CORNELL.EDU (Roger Garnett)
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 1991 09:35:28 EST
On Feb 11,  3:46pm, Robert Jones wrote:
} What is the proper way to fold the top on an MGB?

Unbolt it, roll it up, wrap it in a sheet, and find a good storage place
in your garage. Tonneaus are a lot easier to deal with.  Oh, you mean
on the car? Sorry.

} The Bentley manual
} says to fold it foward over the top frame, but yesterday I tried this, but
} I couldn't get it to work right

It is hard to do with cold vinyl (But not as hard as re-errecting the bloody
things!) You fold the side lights in, and then practice. Try to be very good
to the windows- they usually die before the rest of the bonnet. The
manual has the right idea, it just isn't easy. If you can get it to fit in
cleanly, and snap into place, you're doing something right.