bushings, Carsan or what?

To: autox@hoosier
Subject: bushings, Carsan or what?
From: pwcs!phile@uxc.cso.uiuc.edu (Philip J Ethier)
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 91 10:10:01 CST
mjb writes:

> Performance Engineering
> 3831 Main Street
> Springfield, Oregon   97477
>
> 503-746-9714
>
> These folks use Carsan, a relatively new elastomeric polymer.  I have been
> using Nylatron bushings out of England for my cars, I may give these folks
> a try.  A complete front end rebush would run about $150 or so though, a
> tad pricey.  But you'd be amazed how much better a car with new bushings
> feels on the road.

"a tad pricey"?  Yeah, like three times as much (to do a Spridget) as the
molybdenum-nylon from Winner's Circle.  Sure, the Carsan is reputed to
be better, but jeez...

Did you ever notice in GRM, whenever there is someone that you have not heard
of before quoted in an article, that lo and behold, there is a NEW ad for
that person's business elsewhere in the magazine?  The "separation of church
and state" of which R&T is so proud is not evident in GRM.  It makes you
wonder how much trust to put in the conclusions drawn in the article about
bushings.

Has anyone seen other (perhaps less biased) reviews of Carsan as a bushing
material?

Phil Ethier
THE RIGHT LINE, 672 Orleans Street, Saint Paul, MN   55107-2676
home:  (612) 224-3105        work:  (612) 298-5324
electronic mail:  phile@pwcs.stpaul.gov  or  uiucuxc!pwcs!phile
It's Hip to be Octagonal.

--
Login name: phile                       In real life: Philip J Ethier
Phone: 298-5324