Books and Bushings

To: sol@hoosier
Subject: Books and Bushings
From: mjb@hoosier (Mark Bradakis)
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 91 20:47:41 -0700
Earlier someone mentioned "a company in the Northwest" which made special
performance oriented suspension bushings for various LBCs.  Perhaps they
were referring to

Performance Engineering
3831 Main Street
Springfield, Oregon   97477

503-746-9714

These folks use Carsan, a relatively new elastomeric polymer.  I have been
using Nylatron bushings out of England for my cars, I may give these folks
a try.  A complete front end rebush would run about $150 or so though, a
tad pricey.  But you'd be amazed how much better a car with new bushings
feels on the road.

As for books on Webers, I know of the following.

Weber Carburetors - One of the Haynes series of manuals, number 393 I think.

Weber Carburetors - by Pat Braden, one of the HPBooks series, number 774.

These first two are pretty easy to understand, for the most part, and are
quite helpful.  Either one would be a good place to start.

These next two are serious books.  Hard to read, disorganized at times, but
they have the most detailed information.  If you can decipher it, that is.
Highly recommended if you want to work on your own Weber equipped motor.

Weber Carburettors - Part 1: Theory
Weber Carburettors - Part 2: Tuning and Maintenance

Both are by John Passini, from Speedsport Motoboooks.  These two, as well as
the Haynes manual, are available from the Fat Chance, around $11.  The two
Passini books may be getting scarcer, but certainly not that hard to find.
I can't remember where I got Pat Braden book, possibly Classic Motorbooks.

mjb.